Register today to train for the highly regarded CCS® certification exam! Coders who have the CCS® credential have higher earning potential than other coding credentials. The CCS® Credential is the Golden Standard for Facility coding (Outpatient and Inpatient).
Find out if you are ready to train for CCS certification.
Facility Coding Instruction Made Simple
*Pre-requisite: CPC,CCS-P, CMC, RHIT or Equivalent
**Students have the option to take AMCI CPT Refresher Course!
We are a leading medical coding instruction, training, and exam prep institution. We have easy to understand lectures, and proven effective trademarked exam preparation tools. We have a 100% CCS Exam pass rating, and coders without medical coding experience can earn up to 2 years medical coding experience by remotely coding for our medical providers (internship/paid).
The Comprehensive Facility medical coding, training, and exam preparation course consists of Instruction on the following:
(The Percentages represent the amount of the subject likely represented on the certification exam)
- Coding Knowledge and Skills ( 51.9%)
- Coding Documentation (10.1%)
- Provider Queries (8.9%)
- Regulatory Compliance (29.1%)
- Medical Scenarios: Inpatient (33.3%), Outpatient (33.3%), and Emergency Department (33.3%)
With AMCI Signature classes:
- Insurance and Medical Billing
- Saturday Study Session (CCS Exam preparation)
- AMCI Independent Classes (included): Anatomy & Physiology Pathophysiology/Pharmacology/Medical Terminology
- Comprehensive ICD-10-CM Course
- CPT Refresher Course (Additional cost )
- Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems with MCC’s and CC’s
- Outpatient Prospective Payment Systems with APC’s
- DRG instruction
- PCS Coding
- Compliant Queries
- E/M ED Coding
- Source and Status Indicators
- Data Quality Management
- Medicare Code Editors
- NCCI Edits/MCE/OCE/LCD/NCD
- HIPPA/Fraud and Abuse
- Medical Necessity
- Payer Specific Reimbursements/Medicare
Class (Session) Schedule *All Classes are Live Webinar 8 weeks on Saturday 7:00am pacific and 10:00am eastern
- Session #1 – January -13
- Session #2 – March – 17
- Session #3 – May – 19
- Session #4 – August – 4
- Session #5 – October – 6
*This course is 8 weeks of Instructor guided/Independent classes with coursework, and 2 weeks of independent exam prep, and (optional) 3 weeks of group study.
Required Texts (Testing after May 1, 2022 through April 30th 2023)
1. 2022 Hospital ICD-10-CM (Optum 360 preferred)
2. 2022 ICD-10-PCS (Optum 360 preferred)
3. AMA CPT Professional
4. AHIMA – CCS Prep (Ninth or Tenth Edition)
5. AMCI – 2022 MCG Manual
1. ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS by Nelly Chisen
2. HCPCS Level II – Professional
3. Medical Dictionary
4. Professional Medical Coding Training CIC Study Guide by AAPC
Cost: $700.00 (if paid in full)
Must have CPC, CCS-P or Pass the AMCI Pre-Screen exam
**Regular students have access to the course for 6 months and may repeat any class as many times as they prefer. Full Course students have access for 12 months.
Additional Courses/Refresher Courses (Independent Courses)
The general Medical Facility Coding Course includes all testing domains and components for the CCS exam. There is a presumption that students have CPT guideline knowledge, and high proficiency with ICD-10-CM coding guidelines. The CCS exam primarily focuses on ICD-10-CM, PCS, and CPT code sets. Our general course does not include instruction on ICD-10-CM and CPT. If you require instruction, it is highly recommended that you purchase these courses additionally. In terms of importance, ICD-10-CM guidelines are the most important of the two.